SR Client Question: How can I check the status of my refund?
1. Go to www.irs.gov
2. Click on “Where’s My Refund?” towards the right of the page (under “filing & payment”)
3. Next, click on the hyperlink titled “where’s my refund?” under number 3 of the page
4. You will then be asked for your social security number, filing status, and refund amount. Click on “submit” once you have entered all of the applicable information, and you will be brought to a page which will provide you information as to the status of your refund.
1. Go to www.michigan.gov/treasury
2. Click on “Taxes” towards the top left of the page
3. Next, clink on the “Where’s My Income Tax Refund” box towards the middle of the page.
4. You will be asked for the primary filer’s social security number and last name. Enter the necessary information and click “log in”.
5. Click on “Check My Tax & Refund Information”
6. Select the tax year you want to look up, enter your adjusted gross income for that year, and select your filing status. Then, select “submit”.
7. You will be brought to a screen which shows the status of your return along with the status of your refund.