Possible discharge of student loans due to disability

?????????????????????????????????????Some physical or mental impairments can qualify you for a total and permanent disability dischargeĀ on your federal student loans and/or TEACH Grant service obligation

Before your federal student loans or TEACH Grant service obligation can be discharged, you must provide information to the U.S. Department of Education (ED) to show that you are totally and permanently disabled. ED will evaluate the information and determine if you qualify for a TPD discharge.

For more information, visitĀ https://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/disability-discharge.