Congratulations Marianne, new MICPA Board Director!
Marianne has represented ShindelRock on various MICPA committees in the past and this is a new leadership role for her –congratulations Marianne!
Below is the MICPA announcement. You can reach Marianne at email@example.com.
The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants has elected Betsy Meter as chair of its 2016-2017 board of directors and also named other officers and new directors.
Meter, of Beverly Hills, is an audit partner with KPMG LLP in Detroit. She had previously served as chair-elect and as board treasurer. A member of the board since 2011, she will serve a one-year term as its chair.
Other officers elected for this year include:
- Alan Young, chair-elect – Young is managing partner at Alan C. Young and Associates PC in Detroit. He previously served as board treasurer.
- Robert Johnson, treasurer – Johnson, of Clinton Township, is vice president of finance and global controller for Dynatrace.
- David Echelbarger, secretary – Echelbarger, of Allegan, is president of Echelbarger Himebaugh Tamm & Co. PC in Grand Rapids.
The board’s executive committee also includes Stephanie Bergeron, immediate past chair and Douglas Roosa, past chair. Bergeron, of Birmingham, is president of Walsh College. Roosa, of Ann Arbor, is director of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance at General Motors Corp.
The new directors are:
- Marianne Lilly, of Farmington Hills, lead partner for assurance and accounting services at ShindelRock in Novi.
- Leon LaBrecque, of Rochester Hills, managing partner and CEO at LJPR Financial Advisors, LLC in Troy.
- Laurie Horvath, of West Bloomfield, partner and not-for-profit and health care practice leader at Baker Tilly in Southfield.
Each officer will serve a one-year term, while each new board director will serve a three-year term.
Meter has 34 years of experience working with clients in automotive and industrial manufacturing. She currently serves as the partner-in-charge of KPMG Detroit’s audit group, as well as other leadership roles in market development and talent recruiting. She was formerly the U.S. automotive industry leader – audit for KPMG.
Meter serves as the board and audit committee chair for Oakland Family Services and on the finance committees of Brother Rice High School and St. Regis Church. She is a member of Leadership Detroit’s Class of 2007 and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.