HHS recently revised the Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements , which increases the amount of time to report and extends the deadline for spending for recipients of Provider Relief Fund (PRF) payments. This includes increasing the amount of time providers will have to report information, aims to reduce burdens on smaller providers, and extends key deadlines for expending PRF payments for recipients who received payments after June 30, 2020. The revised reporting requirements are applicable to providers who received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 during a single Payment Received Period from the PRF General Distributions, Targeted Distributions, and/or Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distributions.
Key updates include:
- The period of availability of funds is based on the date the payment is received (rather than requiring all payments be used by June 30, 2021, regardless of when they were received).
- Recipients are required to report for each Payment Received Period in which they received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 (rather than $10,000 cumulatively across all PRF payments).
- Recipients will have a 90-day period to complete reporting (rather than a 30-day reporting period).
- Recipients who received one or more payments exceeding $10,000 in the aggregate during a Payment Received Period are required to report in each applicable Reporting Time Period as outlined in the table below.
- The reporting requirements apply to all past and future PRF payments.
- HHS has launched a PRF reporting portal which will open for providers to start submitting information on July 1, 2021. However the portal is now open for registration and providers are encouraged to register now in the PRF Reporting Portal. 
The following table summarizes the deadlines for use of funds and reporting based on date payments were received:
See the links below for more information about the reporting process & content:
- PRF Reporting Portal User Guide – Registration 
- PRF website 
- PRF Terms and Conditions 
- PRF Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 
- PRF Reporting Requirements and Auditing 
For questions about the PRF or other COVID-19 related stimulus and relief programs, please contact your ShindelRock tax professional .