- ShindelRock - https://www.shindelrock.com -

Changes to amended returns

Starting with the 2017 tax season, the state of Michigan has changed how amended returns are prepared.  They no longer have the MI-1040X.

You now must check a box on the regular MI-1040 form to indicate it’s amended and add a new form (Schedule AMD [1]) to include your explanation of the changes.

For more information, contact your ShindelRock tax professional [2].