10 ways small businesses can avoid fraud
As most of us know, small and mid-sized businesses are more vulnerable to fraud than larger organizations, and the effects can be much more damaging. To keep your business one step ahead, follow these ten tips to avoid business and employee fraud.
- Segregate accounting duties.
- Know your employees.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Scrutinize business bank accounts.
- Audit the books regularly.
- Train employees to prevent fraud.
- Protect credit card information.
- Know your business partners.
- Check into every case.
- Get expert help.